RE: Own Compiled Program Immediately Crashes on Startup

On 18 July 2007 14:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> How can this link order be changed so that the cygwin dll
>>> is linked in first?
>>
>>   Well, for a start, you'd need to link against the cygwin dll directly,
>> and it would need to be first on the linker command line.
>
> Dave, you need more coffee.  The above output is nothing unusual.
> And since when do you need -lcyginw on the linker comand line at all?

  Always, but it is generally placed there for you by the gcc driver - unless
you try and link a program using ld, which was what I was wondering if it had
happened.

>>   Yes, that's how a cygwin executable should look; the first dependency
>> should be directly on the cygwin dll.
>
> Try cygcheck /bin/ssh.exe

  Hey, I've never seen it before.  I guess it isn't the problem then.  Trouble
is, there's very little else goes on before main.

  Hans, is there any C++ with static objects with constructors in this
program?

    cheers,
      DaveK