Re: Updated: perl-libwin32-0.27-1

Jerry D. Hedden schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
This email is to inform you about the release of the updated
perl-libwin32 package, matching the current perl-5.8.8, through
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.

I obtained the source for this module, and tried to build it. I produced the following error:

ODBC.xs:34:23: iodbcinst.h: No such file or directory

What package am I missing that contains this?

Uh, we forgot to add that to the cygwin README. unixodbc is no official cygwin package yet, though it builds out of the box. iODBC would be another option. http://sf.net/projects/iodbc/

wget http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/iodbc/libiodbc-3.52.5.tar.gz
tar xfz libiodbc-3.52.5.tar.gz
cd libiodbc-3.52.5
./configure --disable-gui --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
make
make check
make install

libwin32 builds with the MSVC6 odbc headers also, but we (Gerrit and me) wanted to link against an open and POSIX compliant lib.
Note: DBD::ODBC has some detection code to which odbc lib to link against. Microsoft ODBC, iodbc, unixodbc or any other.
--
Reini Urban