die cygwin perlld and ld2, die! (was: Trying to build (perl) Inline::CPP-0.25)

See the cygwin thread starting with http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-07/msg00622.html

>>I ran into a similar problem recently - the standard sort of c++ >>references were not being found. It turns out that the linker I was >>calling was ld2, a script that called another script perlld (in >>/usr/bin), where I found this:

>># these are pretty mandatory
>>my $CC = 'gcc';
>>my $EXPORT_ALL = 1;

>> I edited this script and replaced gcc with g++. I don't know if this
>> was a good idea or not, but it seemed to fix the problem.

Reini Urban schrieb:
Interesting. We should definitely ask p5p if we shouldn't switch back to normal behaviour without the ld2 wrapper, but first I must study history on this issue, why we introduced that at all.

http://osdir.com/ml/lang.perl.perl5.porters/2003-09/msg01264.html

"Gerrit: It was introduced because cygwin used dllwrap
to create dll's which is not a single pass step as creating them with
gcc -shared -o perl.dll ...

I would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.  Since gcc
understands now the -shared flag building shared libs is pretty much
the same as on e.g. linux besides that we want an import library and
a shared library (libperl.dll.a & libperl.dll) and also a static
libperl.a for miniperl.

So we could use gcc as linker instead of the wrapper ld2, will be just
a little tricky to get all the ldflags at the right place."

So I'll get rid of it NOW. But first in perl core, and then in the next cygwin build.
die! /usr/bin/perlld and /usr/bin/ld2, die!

Patch soon after proper testing.
--
Reini