This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How to rename file case-sensitive?
- From: Jeff Hawk <Jeff dot Hawk at navigon dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:22:52 -0500
- Subject: RE: How to rename file case-sensitive?
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- References: <46C13A16.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On
> Behalf Of Andrew DeFaria
> Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:03 AM
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: How to rename file case-sensitive?
> Fergus wrote:
> > > rename foo Foo
> > Wish it was so easy. The syntax is
> > rename from to filelist
> > so here you need
> > rename foo Foo foo
> > Fergus
> How about:
> $ mv foo bar && mv bar foo
Looks like a NOOP to me
NAVIGON Inc. is one of the worldâs leading providers of navigation products and software solutions. NAVIGON makes its own award-winning navigation brand consumer products and creates software solutions for OEM customers operating in personal navigation, wireless, and automotive sectors. For more information, visit www.navigon.com.
Recent International Product Awards:
- Best Hardware, Retail Vision 2007
- Red Dot âBest of the Bestâ Award 2007
- Best Navigation Application, Telematics Detroit 2007
*The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html