This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Group permissions showing up as question marks?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:24:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: Group permissions showing up as question marks?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I am not sure how to interpret the fact that the files on my Windows
2003 Server are showing group permissions as '??????'. Is this just a
side-effect of the fact that windows permissions don't distinguish
between user and group ownership? Is it that the group owner was not
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html