This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:30:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: Error when attempting to start inetd
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <6925FBA6E73D4966B6FC2F3E72D12E4D@FAMILYROOM>
Michael Grand wrote:
> When I attempt to start inetd using "net start inetd" it reports this error:
> "The service is not responding to the control function". The service is
> installed, and I can attempt to run it from the services manager but I get
> this error: "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control
> request in a timely fashion". In both cases, inetd does not appear in the
> processes list, so it is failing somewhere along the line.
Looking at your cygcheck.out inetd doesn't appear as a service, did you run
iu-config? have you read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html