This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync between WinNT and Linux (--perms --owner --group)
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:43:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: rsync between WinNT and Linux (--perms --owner --group)
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Ivarson wrote:
> On the Linux PC there are the same two users and the group.
Very unlikely. Your concept of user/group is wrong.
> Does Cygwin's rsync send the user and group names to the Linux rsync at
No, rsync used uid / gid, the numeric user/group id, not the names, and unless
you did something to synchronize them they are different.
Type `id` on a Cygwin terminal, those numbers is what rsync (and tar, scp, etc.)
record, the username could be anything and it's not used.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html