This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Morgan Gangwere" <0 dot fractalus at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:54:55 -0600
- Subject: BLODA addition(s)
Three systems that can play havoc with cygwin:
* Windows LiveOneCare - it silently blocks ALL local traffic until you
tell it that that application is fine (sucks for x/cygwin and similar)
and has Yet Another Realtime Access Scanner - plays amuk with many
* Webroot Spy Sweeper with Antivirus (i think the non-AV version does
this too) - realtime acces scanning that cant be turned off (without
killing the whole machine)
* COMODO firewall pro - you have to add all the executables from
cygwin to their trusted apps list, or disable it entirely while you
use Cygwin. Pity... Comodo is a great group.
More things to look out for:
Windows Live OneCare resets its trused DB on each update, so you have
to redo things alot (at least with the free version that you install
and remove every 60 days)
COMODO has a "allow for all this app" -- you could just use everything
from Bash, but it really isnt all that great. it takes alot longer.
"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html