This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin-1.5.24-2 serious shell execution performance degradation on WinXP x64 SP2
- From: Szymon Lapinski <gandalf at syncad dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:18:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygwin-1.5.24-2 serious shell execution performance degradation on WinXP x64 SP2
- References: <46DBE9ED.firstname.lastname@example.org> <46DCB998.email@example.com>
Carlo Florendo wrote:
> Szymon Lapinski wrote:
>> Recently I found a serious performance degradation in my gawk scripts
>> while running on WinXP x64 SP2, it appears that this is not only gawk
>> problem, but spawning child processes in a subshell at all.
> Child processes failing means that there could be apps running on your
> machine as a result of the software updates you had.
> Is there some chance you are running any of them?
Thank you very much for your reply.
Unfortunately it's not a reason. Those systems are clean Windows
installations. There are no other applications running in a background.
Hard disk is almost not fragmented and have a lot of free space.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html