This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Installation problem with cygintl-8.dll
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:28:36 +0100
- Subject: RE: Installation problem with cygintl-8.dll
- References: <email@example.com> <0ML25U-1ITedb3Nbs-0007xL@mrelayeu.kundenserver.de>
On 07 September 2007 15:17, Rupert Young wrote:
> I downloaded the cygwin files onto a local directory on one machine,
> confirming that libintl8 was listed in the packages.
> I then moved, with a memory stick, the files to a PC without internet access
> and installed.
> But when I try to start cygwin I get the error,
> "Application failed to start because cygintl-8.dll was not found.
> Reinstalling application may fix this problem."
> Also during install libintl8 is not listed.
> Any idea what I am doing wrong? Both machines are XP.
Probably a glitch during installation, try re-running setup.exe in "setup
from local package directory" mode and just clicking all the way through the
various screens, setup should just fix up anything missing from the current
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html