This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Win32Core module question
- From: "Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes" <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: "Reini Urban" <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:54:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Win32Core module question
- References: <8E5ACAE05E6B9E44A2903C693A5D4E8A2B01A23E@hqemmail02.nvidia.com> <03f701c7f3dd$98ad6190$ca0824b0$@com> <8E5ACAE05E6B9E44A2903C693A5D4E8A2B587ED1@hqemmail02.nvidia.com> <46E59C5B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, September 10, 2007 12:34 pm, Reini Urban wrote:
> John Neil schrieb:
>> Thanks. For now I installed the previous version of the Cygwin
>> perl-libwin32 package, but I agree there should be some way to access the
>> non-core Win32 routines that were previously available without having to
>> install the Win32 module yourself.
> Oops, I seem to have forgot my promise to add Win32.pm to CORE,
> when Jan removed it from libwin32.
> perl-libwin32-0.26 has it. perl-libwin32-0.27 not anymore. perl-5.8.8
> needs another update, sorry.
> Our quality process is really bad.
I noticed the situations when John asked about this last week at
http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=637296 and I started to email you,
but then got distracted. I'm glad someone ended up getting in
touch with you.
You should be able to just remove the win32/ext/Win32/ files and include
the win32/ext/Win32 files from maint and change MANIFEST accordingly.
Pedantically, it would also be nice to use the Configure patch in
Win32API::File is still in libwin32, since even for MSWin32 builds
it won't move to the core till 5.8.9, correct?
Thanks for all your work on cygwin perl.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html