This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Win32Core module question
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:09:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: Win32Core module question
- References: <8E5ACAE05E6B9E44A2903C693A5D4E8A2B01A23E@hqemmail02.nvidia.com> <03f701c7f3dd$98ad6190$ca0824b0$@com> <8E5ACAE05E6B9E44A2903C693A5D4E8A2B587ED1@hqemmail02.nvidia.com> <46E59C5B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
On Mon, September 10, 2007 12:34 pm, Reini Urban wrote:
John Neil schrieb:
Thanks. For now I installed the previous version of the Cygwin
perl-libwin32 package, but I agree there should be some way to access the
non-core Win32 routines that were previously available without having to
install the Win32 module yourself.
Oops, I seem to have forgot my promise to add Win32.pm to CORE,
when Jan removed it from libwin32.
perl-libwin32-0.26 has it. perl-libwin32-0.27 not anymore. perl-5.8.8
needs another update, sorry.
Our quality process is really bad.
I noticed the situations when John asked about this last week at
http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=637296 and I started to email you,
but then got distracted. I'm glad someone ended up getting in
touch with you.
You should be able to just remove the win32/ext/Win32/ files and include
the win32/ext/Win32 files from maint and change MANIFEST accordingly.
Pedantically, it would also be nice to use the Configure patch in
Thanks for the pointers.
Win32API::File is still in libwin32, since even for MSWin32 builds
it won't move to the core till 5.8.9, correct?
Correct. Win32API::File will be in core starting with the next 5.10.0
And I wonder what will be faster. Rebuilding 5.8.8-5 or finalizing
5.10.0-1. IMHO just the threaded eval "bla" showstopper has to be fixed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html