Re: setup.exe suggestion + patch

Lewis Hyatt wrote:

The simplest way I could think of to correct this would be to change the behavior so that when you click on a Category or a Package, instead of simply cycling through, you get a little popup menu that asks you what you want to do instead. This way, you can go directly to Uninstall without dealing with the intervening options. This also lets you see all available versions at once, and avoids calculating dependencies unnecessarily.

I wrote a simple patch that implements this suggestion. Attached are the outputs of cvs diff (in diff.txt) and cvs diff -n (in diff_n.txt). (I'm sorry, I don't know much about CVS, is this the preferred way to submit a patch?). Here is a summary of the changes:

Did anyone happen to take a look at this message I sent last week? I thought maybe it would be interesting to someone besides me, but maybe I'm wrong. If you don't like the extra clicks involved in my solution, I would be willing to explore others as well. I do think the problem I mentioned in my original message is worth fixing...

-Lewis