This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Don't like "setup" for ocassional updates
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:26:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: Don't like "setup" for ocassional updates
- References: <46E9A15C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Your dislike of setup does not translate into your getting support for
installing packages without setup.
This really falls into the category of "If you can't figure it out you
probably shouldn't be doing it". However, the files are just .tar.bz2
files with some extra stuff which is referenced in
Please don't expect a lot of support for some alternate, error-prone way
of updating an installation. It is not going to happen.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html