This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Establishing Unix network control under cygwin?
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 01:07:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: Establishing Unix network control under cygwin?
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Would anyone care to:
> a. confirm whether 'nsswitch.conf' and such work in Cygwin?
No. But /etc/resolv.conf does if you installed minires.
> b. tell me how I can get Cygwin to search various domains when
> trying to resolve hostnames?
Haven't tried it myself but adding 'search domain.whatever' in /etc/resolv.conf
Sure way to do it: add the search domains in Windows' "Advanced TCP/IP Settings"
for your network card, in the append... options of course.
> c. tell me about any 'networking' FAQ for cygwin?
> We primarily use NIS here, although DNS as well; I believe NIS isn't
> available with cygwin?
Don't really know the answer to that one.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html