This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin-bug#20070914T0555: mksh getop bug
- From: Thorsten Glaser <tg at mirbsd dot de>
- To: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- Cc: Kenneth Stephen <marvin dot the dot cynical dot robot at gmail dot com>, Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:15:14 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin-bug#20070914T0555: mksh getop bug
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jari Aalto dixit:
>I've ported mksh to Cygwin and we're considerign including it in the
Thanks, thatâs great. Could you let me have a look at that, just out
of interest, as I havenât really understood the Cygwin packaging
process myself, otherwise I had submitted one earlier.
>The Cygwin users have found following bug in pdkdh's getopt handling,
>which is also present in mksh. Could you take a look:
This is not a bug in the shell, but rather in the script. You must
either use OPTIND=1 together with shift, to reset option processing,
as per the manual page, or just not use shift at all.
I believe no one can invent an algorithm. One just happens to hit upon it
when God enlightens him. Or only God invents algorithms, we merely copy them.
If you don't believe in God, just consider God as Nature if you won't deny
existence. -- Coywolf Qi Hunt
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html