This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Establishing Unix network control under cygwin?
- From: LDR <lee at veritech dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:35:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: Establishing Unix network control under cygwin?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: lee at veritech dot com
Make sure that the 'ping' that's being used is from /usr/bin (== /bin),
and not from (for example) WINDOWS/System32
Hi. I've just recently installed cygwin and I'd like to ask a few questions
I've installed practically all the Cygwin packages but I'm frustrated by a
couple of trivial little problems. For example, when I do a
the host can't be found; I have to put in the fully-qualified host name:
Do a 'which -a', to answer this question.
BTB, in the aforementioned System32 dir, there is also a traceroute --
'tracert', which just like it's name is at least a few characters short
of adequacy, but c'est la defenestration. ;-)
See also: Google: tracetcp
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html