This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [rxvt packaging bug?] New rxvt introduces broken font default
- From: "Rodrigo Medina" <rodmedina at cantv dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:08:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [rxvt packaging bug?] New rxvt introduces broken font default
- Reply-to: rodmedina at cantv dot net
Max Bowsher wrote:
>I don't think it makes sense to now start shipping rxvt with a font
>configuration which leaves native mode broken out-of-the-box.
I agree 100% with that, besides I have X11 installed and use it extensively,
but I never use rxvt-X11 because it does not work properly with the dead
accents, and it is almost useless for non-English languages.
Perhaps, instead of bothering about how the console looks, something that
is better to leave to the user, it would be more useful to provide a
linked to the standard X11 library, so that dead accents are supported.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html