This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Global symbol explicit package name requirement for Perl 5.8.8 files with strict
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:58:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: Global symbol explicit package name requirement for Perl 5.8.8 files with strict
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0709252004480.9708@walnut>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 09/25/2007, Naju G. Mancheril wrote:
- Why did this problem decide to rear its ugly head yesterday?
- I don't know.
- I am new to Cygwin. I don't know if my system silently upgraded
my Perl package in the background while I was working
Cygwin is only updated by explicitly running 'setup.exe'. If you didn't
run it, then no Cygwin package was updated.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html