This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[Fwd: Re: Smoke [5.10.0] 31875 FAIL(m) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP2 (x86/2 cpu)]
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:26:16 +0200
- Subject: [Fwd: Re: Smoke [5.10.0] 31875 FAIL(m) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP2 (x86/2 cpu)]
rsync seems to have changed its behaviour.
--- Begin Message ---
- From: "Steve Hay" <SteveHay at planit dot com>
- To: "Nicholas Clark" <nick at ccl4 dot org>
- Cc: <smokers-reports at perl dot org>, <perl5-porters at perl dot org>
- Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:39:29 +0100
- Subject: RE: Smoke [5.10.0] 31875 FAIL(m) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP2 (x86/2 cpu)
- Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:19:09 +0200
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- References: <200709232100.WAA15754@sockeye.uk.radan.com> <20070924081544.GA87952@plum.flirble.org>
Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 10:05:00PM +0100, Steve Hay wrote:
>> Automated smoke report for 5.10.0 patch 31875
>> maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @
>> 2.66GHz(~2659 MHz) (x86/2 cpu)
>> Compiler messages(MSWin32):
>> c:\Smokes\VC7F\ts\bleadperl\perl.h(4428) : error C2059: syntax error
>> : ';'
> Odd. That was fixed by change 31876. Why is your smoker's source tree
> about a week old?
Hmm. Nasty. I updated my Cygwin installation (used for the rsync of the
smoke source tree) on Friday afternoon, and it seems that the three
smokes over the weekend (Fri, Sat & Sun evening) have all failed to
rsync their source trees. They therefore ran with the sources that were
in place from the previous week since these smokes (BCC/GCC/VC7) only
run once a week.
Not sure what to do about it, though. The new version of Cygwin / rsync
just doesn't seem to like the command that Test::Smoke uses, despite it
always having worked in the past:
C:\Temp>C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.EXE -avzL --delete -v
The source and destination cannot both be remote.
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at
It only wants to play ball if I 'cd' to the parent of the target
directory and specify the relative path from there:
C:\Smokes\VC7F\ts>C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.EXE -avzL --delete -v
opening tcp connection to ftp.linux.activestate.com port 873
opening connection using --server --sender -vvlLogDtprz . perl-5.8.x
receiving file list ...
--- End Message ---
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html