This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cron not running jobs, no errors
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:40:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: cron not running jobs, no errors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> cron service with no errors. I ssued the following commands to install and
> run cron.
> cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D
> cygrunsrv -S cron
Why? That is not how you install the cron service. There is much more
to be done, in fact there is a cron-config script provided (that is
nearly 900 lines of shell code) to do all the various tasks.
Specifically, on windows 2003 you must create a special service account
and give it extra privileges as the SYSTEM account cannot change uids.
So erase this broken service and run cron-config instead. If that still
fails then run cron_diagnose.sh and attach its results.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html