This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with freshclam
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 05:02:21 -0500
- Subject: Re: Problems with freshclam
- Openpgp: url=hkp://wwwkeys.pgp.net
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.58.0709301058330.2140@homepc>
Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Rene' Berber wrote:
>> you have to choose between UNIX socket or TCP socket in clamd.conf, at
> I do not know the difference: may you suggest it?
The recommended way is to use UNIX socket (the default is /tmp/clamd.socket),
unless you want to use clamd from another computer. The reason is that the UNIX
socket is a local file, nobody else has access to it so it is secure, the TCP
socket is like any other service, a port listening on the network.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html