This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Sorry Resend: Cygwin For Vista Setup Postinstall post-textmf.sh With Cygcheck.out
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:55:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: Sorry Resend: Cygwin For Vista Setup Postinstall post-textmf.sh With Cygcheck.out
- References: <46FED123.email@example.com> <46FFED18.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Thomas Dineen wrote:
I have found a bug actually a hang condition when I attempt to
run Setup for Cygwin on my Toshiba Satellite with MS Vista
with all current MS Windows updates installed.
The hang occurs in the "Running" section of Setup on the file:
I believe the typical response to this in the past has been "Have you
waited long enough?". As I recall, this particular post install does
*allot* of work. You need to wait until it's finished (possibly hours?)
Also, make sure you run 'setup.exe' as Administrator.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html