Re: Links and O/S shell

On 10/9/07, Joel Rubin  wrote:
> I ran links from cmd, started to download a file in the background and
> ran an O/S shell. Later, when I could see that the download was long
> finished, I exited the O/S shell and, instead of returning to links,
> the whole console box disappeared, leaving the ghost of links and the
> cmd session which had started it running without any visible console.

I cannot recreate this.  If, from within links, I request an 'OS
shell' and later exit that shell, links is still running and I can
just 'q' to exit it.

I tried this from a Windows cmd.exe prompt using \cygwin\bin\links.exe
and also from within an rxvt (no X) bash prompt.

Both times, links spawned a cmd.exe prompt that worked as expected
when I exited it.

You could provide the information requested by

-Jason