Re: cygwin makes shared folders on vista

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> It's harder than you might think after fielding hundreds of these types
> of questions, especially when such resources as google exist.  Add to
> that the annoying obfuscation provided by nabble, and it is sometimes
> hard to be patient with misconceptions.

Just to bring some closure to this side-discussion, I'm the original poster,
and that *was* my first ever post to this list. I am using Nabble, for this
list
and numerous others. I find Nabble to be quite a good way to keep up with
various lists. I *believed* that this was a user's list, possibly because it
was listed that way in Nabble. However, checking today, I see that this
list is now called "Cygwin list". Either it has been changed since last week
or I was just confused last week with the numerous other Nabble lists that
I frequent. Sorry for that error.

Now, as to the original question about shared folders being created by
cygwin on vista, it appears that a solution is in hand, though I have not
yet tested it in my envrionment. Indeed I had tried some googling, and
even searching the archives of this list (using Nabble) before the post,
but I guess I wasn't using to right search strings. I've had so many fights
with vista, absolutely nothing surprises me when it behaves strangely.

Might I suggest a link on the home page entitled something like "Cygwin
on Vista" with tips on how to best survive vista. Meanwhile, MANY THANKS
to all the developers of cygwin. I simply could not function on windoze
without cygwin. You provide an invaluable service.