RE: Wish Setup would accept my Perl

On 06 November 2007 17:08, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:

> So, to help the OP's: use your perl installation as it was intended.

  Actually, in order also to help the OP:

  If all you really want is setup.exe to shut up and never ever ever bother
you again about cygwin perl - with all the risks that may entail, such as not
getting cygwin perl when maybe someday you really do decide you want it
installed - if that's all you want, then yes, we can fake out setup.exe by
spoofing it that you've already got perl installed.  Edit the setup installed
packages database file:

/artimi/software/firmware $ grep perl /etc/setup/installed.db
perl perl-5.8.7-5.tar.bz2 0
/artimi/software/firmware $

  Just edit that line in installed.db to say something like:

perl perl-999.999.999-999.tar.bz2 0

and setup will always think you have a more up-to-date perl installed already
in the future.

  Disclaimer: solution untested.  But I believe it will work.

    cheers,
      DaveK