NSS and PAM

I was wondering what the potential for providing a NSS and PAM
implementation which used the built in Windows account base by default
would be.

Basically it would remove manual generation of /etc/passwd
and /etc/group. Apps which queryed for these values would just get the
right things made up on the fly. In my case, this means domain users.

I'd imagine you would map local users to 'username' and domain users to
'DOM\username' or some such, which is basically what Winbind ends up
doing on Linux.

Authentication using PAM would simply remove a lot of issues.

--
Jerome Haltom <jhaltom@isillc.com>
Institution Solutions LLC