RE: Announce: FlexDLL, flexible DLLs under Windows

On 20 November 2007 18:39, Reini Urban wrote:

> 2007/11/20, Christopher Faylor:
>> Indeed, this is very interesting.  It sounds a little like the
>> autoload.cc code in Cygwin which handles optional linking from dlls but it
>> is obviously much more advanced.
>
> Where should it go to?
> Puttin it into libtool sounds nearest to me, to work around -no-undefined.

  (Without having actually specced out the implementation yet,) I don't see
why we couldn't do this trick entirely in ld, with a support routine or two in
libgcc.  It can't go entirely into libtool, I would have thought; it requires
some additional code at runtime.

    cheers,
      DaveK