RE: Announce: FlexDLL, flexible DLLs under Windows

On 21 November 2007 16:07, Alain Frisch wrote:

>   (Altough at this point, one
> could also imagine that Cygwin supports another binary format for
> dynamic libraries, e.g. ELF, which can deal with unresolved symbols
> natively.)

  Not an unreasonable idea, but very hard to make work when we really want
cygwin apps to basically be windows apps; I can't see how cygwin could support
e.g. an ELF loader and yet still be able to launch cygwin apps from cmd.exe
rather than having to fire up bash or whatever.

    cheers,
      DaveK