RE: Cygwin Bash Exception

On 21 November 2007 16:51, Cook, Anthony D - Wilkes Barre, PA - Contractor
wrote:

> Every time I run a command I get these exceptions in the strace of the
> command.
>
> Exception E06D7363 at 7C812A5B
>
> I get thousands of these and then the command finally runs.? Consequently,
> all commands run slow, very slow.?

  Well, then again, if you're running a command under strace, it's effectively
being debugged; you would expect it to be many times slower than usual.

> I am running the following version of
> Cygwin:
>
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 X224KGLZA451 1.5.23(0.156/4/2) 2006-12-19 10:52 i686 Cygwin
>
> Also, I am logged on to a 2003 domain.? Every single command run so bad you
> can forget about running scripts.? Startup of bash takes about 5 minutes
> because every command it tries to run at startup is so slow.

  Ok, so why are you running your entire startup scripts under strace?  Heh,
only kidding, I guess you can't be doing that all the time.  It would be
useful if you'd sent your cygcheck output, we'd see if you have any network
drives in your path.

> What may be causing this problem?? Is there a way to fix this?

  I would guess it's interference from a http://cygwin.com/acronyms#BLODA
application.  The 7C812A5B address you quote is well outside the ranges where
the application and the cygwin dll get loaded, so I think it's coming from a
windows dll.

  If you wanted to get elaborate about it, you could run gdb, use it to debug
bash, and then use the 'info files' command when it hits the exception to see
what is occupying that area of memory.

  Also, there may be other problems that we aren't seeing.

    cheers,
      DaveK