This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: IPv6-enabled cygwin packages repository
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:10:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: IPv6-enabled cygwin packages repository
- References: <425BD302.email@example.com> <20050412140711.GA1471@cygbert.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Dec 1 12:42, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > I'm in contact with Jun-ya and he has already signed a Cygwin copyright
> > assignment. However, there are a couple of problems and restrictions
> > which makes the final integration into Cygwin somewhat tricky. I didn't
> > hear back from Jun-ya for a couple of weeks now, but I hope he'll
> > send the first patches at one point. Stay tuned.
> Any news on that regard?
Jun-ya did never follow up at one point so I started to implement IPv6
all by myself. It's in the snapshots for the next major version (*not*
in 1.5.25) for quite some time. I treat it as mostly finished. It
should be more or less feature-complete, just perhaps not bug-free.
> Any plan no what/how should be tested to make sure it doesn't break the
> experience of people with NO IPv6 support in their OS?
Whether or not the underlying OS is IPv6-enabled or not doesn't matter.
I implemented it so that it should run on any machine, starting with NT4.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html