This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-4
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:46:55 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-4
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made another version of the Cygwin DLL, 1.5.25-4, and associated
utilities available for testing. Version 1.5.24-2 remains the current
version for now.
This is a bug fix release. If nothing serious crops up TODAY or TOMORROW,
I intend to make this the new Cygwin version on SATURDAY.
Changes since test version 1.5.25-3:
- dumper.exe has been linked against the latest BFD code.
- Fix a C++ issue with the ftw.h header.
Changes since test version 1.5.25-2:
- Solve a name clash problem between struct timezone and the timezone
- Disallow linking against the old timezone function.
Changes since test version 1.5.25-1:
- Fix a bug in memory allocation which results in an enormous waste of
internal heap memory when using mmap(2) a lot.
- Fix a bug in memory allocation which can result in unexpected SEGVs.
Important changes since 1.5.24-2:
- Always add LOCAL and INTERACTIVE groups to user tokens to fix some
permission problems on Windows 2003 Server and later.
- Set preferred IO blocksize to 64K for performance reasons.
- Add missing baudrates for serial IO up to 3.000.000 baud.
- Fix various race conditions in process exit, in dll initialization,
when starting native Win32 processes, and in signal handling.
- Fix a couple of buffer-related problems when accessing raw disk devices.
- Fix bug in dlclose.
- Don't set TZ environment variable in calls to tzset.
- Don't follow symlinks in calls to open if O_EXCL is given.
- Fix deadlock and reentrancy problems in stdio functions. Fix
append mode handling in stdio functions.
- Fix append mode bug when accessing files > 4 Gigs.
- Various fixes to stat/fstat/lstat functions (wrong permission bits,
- Fix a deadlock problem in fork, as well as a crash on fork after
- Add thread-safety to mmap and to XSI IPC calls.
- Drop a non-sensical check in pthread_key_create.
- Encode special characters in /proc/registry key and value names to
avoid invalid character problems.
- Assorted fixes to cygpath.exe, cygcheck.exe, dumper.exe and mkgroup.exe.
- Various bugfixes to printf/scanf function families. Add support for
j, t, and z modifiers to scanf functions.
- Close security hole in tmpfile.
- Fix potential crashes in argz functions.
- Fix long-standing regression in rewind error handling.
- Support NULL output buffer in wcstombs.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions, then look for
'cygwin' in the 'Base' category (it should already be selected). You
will need to use the 'Exp' radio button to get the test version.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list. See http://cygwin.com/lists.html for details.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html