This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Running dovecot under Cygwin
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:15:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: Running dovecot under Cygwin
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 03:08:47PM +0100, Ronny wrote:
> i am trying to get imap server "dovecot" running under cygwin.
> Compiling the server finished without any errors.
> But running the server does not work.
> As far as i can see, dovecot runs a master process, that uses execv to
> launch a child (auth) process. The child process is killed immedeatly.
> This causes the whole server to shutdown.
> Does anybody have experience with running dovecot under cygwin?
I don't but you might be able to get some clues from looking at strace
output. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some sort of verbose logging
available for dovecot as well.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html