This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Starting native windows GUI app via ssh.
- From: "Brian Mathis" <brian dot mathis at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:26:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Starting native windows GUI app via ssh.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Dec 17, 2007 3:20 PM, Clayton Holloway <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is it at all possible to start a native windows application(GUI) via ssh
> and have it actually appear on the windows box?
> No matter what app I run via ssh (firefox, notepad, etc) the process is
> listed in the task manager, but is nowhere to be found on the screen. If
> X were in use here, I'd just set the DISPLAY variable, but afaik windows
> won't use a DISPLAY.
> Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
You need to install the cygwin ssh service with the "Interact with
desktop" option enabled.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html