Re: Process ends unexpectly

Marc/MDPI314 wrote:
Hi,

It has been a long time since I last used Cygwin.... but these past days I did my come back ;-)
and I noticed that many processes stops without any message ("joe" editor, the "make" program,
"configure" script while I were compiling Videolan VLC, the "cd" command (yes, it fails !) and many others ...)

Before saying it's "my computer's problem" just read the following :

1) I had the same problem today at my office ....
2) The 2 tested computers are not linked in any way (so don't think about viruses ^^)

Sorry, so I don't have any error message, and the behavior is totally random ....

So I've just a question : do you have the same problem ?

Certainly not. :-)

Is there any way to trace program execution in cygwin for example ?

Besides having debug versions and source and using the debugger you mean?
Well, there is strace if you like looking at that sort of output. ;-)
You might be best off trying to narrow down a sequence of actions that
reproduces the problem.  And of course there's always cygcheck output
that can be helpful in determining if there are any general installation
issues.  See <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> for details.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746