Re: Re: cygserver handle leak problem

> On Jan 18 08:58, Huang Bambo wrote:
> > Use task manager to view detail of cygserver.
> >
> > Operations,
> > I ran a program with ipc operation( I used msgget ,msgsnd, msgrcv ,
> > others didn't test).
> > After that, use ipcs command to show ipcs, found message que. use
> > ipcrm command to remove the message que.
> >
> > Repeat the operations, you will find the handles owned by cygserver
> > increased 2 each time.
>
> Could you please create a very simple testcase in plain C which
> allows to reproduce the problem OOTB?
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

The attchment is my cygcheck --sysinfo's output and a sample program.
The sample program just use message que of SysV to translate some information.
It is write in C++ so you need gmake and g++ installed to make it. If
you want a C code, reply this mail and I will write one for you.

Once run, just use Ctrl+C to end it.

To duplicate the problem,
1. Run windows task manager , show handles of cygserver.
2. Run my program, it will create a message que, you will find the
cygserver process's handle increased by 4
3. Run ipcs command, you will find the que.
4. Run ipcrm command to remove this command, you will find the
cygserver's handles will only decrease by 2
5, go to 2 ,repeat the operation, you will find the handles owned by
cygserver will only increase.