This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin emulates an environment closest to ...
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:09:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cygwin emulates an environment closest to ...
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Cygwin emulates an environment closest to SunOS, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM's AIX,
DEC OSF (Digital UNIX), or IRIX ?
No this is not my homework. I need to know the closest archetype for a
Ouch. Well, pick your favorite then. Cygwin doesn't strive to emulate any
of those really. From the first line of cygwin.com:
Cygwin is a Linux-like environment for Windows.
So unless you have an option for Linux, any of the above is probably just
as good as another. But really, you're likely to find that you need to
blaze your own path here.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html