This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin emulates an environment closest to ...
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:24:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin emulates an environment closest to ...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cygwin emulates an environment closest to SunOS, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM's AIX,
DEC OSF (Digital UNIX), or IRIX ?
No this is not my homework. I need to know the closest archetype for a
Looking at the makefiles in question would certainly help more than
just some OS names. Url of your app?
gnu tools? autotools?
All are more or less unix like, but unix's not unix.
Esp. such high-powered unices, which could come without gnu at all.
Not just a simple gnu linux or bsd, which are closest to cygwin.
At least it's no VMS, MVS/OS-390 or lispmachine, so call yourself lucky.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html