This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Incomplete environ when running MinGW apps?
- From: Paul Leder <sa212+mingw at cyconix dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:30:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Incomplete environ when running MinGW apps?
- References: <47AB1384.email@example.com> <47AB17C3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Blake wrote:
Bash has two variable namespaces - shell variables, and environment
variables. Are you sure SHELL was exported to the environment, and not
just in the bash shell variable namespace?
thanks - I had no idea there were 2 variable namespaces. It looks like
everything I can see in 'environ' was explcitly exported in
/etc/profile, or ~/.bashrc, or picked up from Windows.
Is there a way for C programs to pick up the contents of the shell
variable namespace? In particular, is there some way I can pick up
SHELL, or some other way that I can find out if my app's running on bash?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html