This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
net-tool commands (ifconfig/route, etc.) on CygWin ??
- From: Nitin <nitin at kenati dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:13:08 +0530
- Subject: net-tool commands (ifconfig/route, etc.) on CygWin ??
I have alot of scripts (approx. 1500) written for Linux.
I have now migrated to WinXP with CygWin.
I am not able to use my scripts here since most of them use following
ifconfig,route,iptables, etc., most of them related to Linux networking.
Can someone help me in getting these commands running in CygWin.
Please note that I have already tried following things:-
1. Tried installing net-tools RPM, but the error that I get is that
"package is intended for Linux operating system"
2. Compiled net-tools from source on a linux machine and copied the
binaries on CygWin.
Executing any binary results in the following error message :-
"Cannot execute binary file".
Note that I don't want to use netsh or ipconfig, since that will mean
rewriting the scripts.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html