This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No History from earlier logins
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:17:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: No History from earlier logins
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* curator (Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:18:52 -0800 (PST))
> I got some problem with my cygwin installation. In my .bashrc file,
> i export HISTFILE to a new file. When this is done, i have a history
> on every login, but when i close the shell, all data is lost. So i
> went to delete the command in the bashrc, which relocates the
> history file. When this was done, i had no active history left
> anymore, but when i touched "curser up", some commands i did not use
> a long time ago appeard, but so actual ones. I found out, that the
> "old command" were left in der bash_history file, which seems to be
> the original file.
Show us all the HIST variables you set and all the hist options...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html