This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin install hanging on post-texmf.sh on Vista
- From: rzeljko <robertzeljko at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:35:17 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin install hanging on post-texmf.sh on Vista
- References: <00da01c84501$1e29f850$0200a8c0@ze4427wm>
I've managed to successfully install cygwin on Vista without any hangs.
The way to do it is to:
1 - disable UAC
2 - rename cygwin's setup.exe to something else, like foo.exe
3 - run foo.exe as an administrator
It seems Windows Vista Installer detection heuristics kicks in once
setup.exe is started and it somehow interferes with the install.
The way to avoid this is to rename setup.exe to something else which doesn't
have "setup" or "install" in its name.
Hope this helps.
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Cygwin-install-hanging-on-post-texmf.sh-on-Vista-tp14474940p15619064.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html