This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-9
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:52:39 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-9
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've uploaded another test version of the Cygwin DLL and its utilities,
The main purpose of this update is to allow Cygwin to run correctly on
Windows 2008 Server. A change in the exception handling in Windows 2008
Server requires to change the exception handling in the Cygwin DLL as
well, otherwise an exception in a Cygwin process results in an endless
loop in the OS, taking 100% CPU. I reported this problem upstream.
Apart from that, this new release contains a couple of additional fixes
which cropped up in the last two months.
Please give it a test.
If we find nothing else serious in this test release, I plan to
make this the official release end of this week.
Changes since version 1.5.25-8:
- Revert to the former Linux-like behaviour in exception handling.
Changes since version 1.5.25-7:
- Allow cygcheck to run on Windows 9x again.
- Fix testing for Samba shares to use more reliable test available with
upcoming versions of Samba (3.0.28a, 3.2.0).
- Change exception handling to run under Windows 2008 Server.
- Fix a crash when creating stackdumps on Windows XP x64 Edition and
Windows 2003 Server x64 Edition.
- Fix pthread_kill to deal with signal 0 as per POSIX.
- Fix ambiguity in thread signal mask handling.
- Try harder to make a pipe into a full-cygwin device.
- Fix strtod to handle incomplete hex strings correctly.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Save it and run setup, answer the questions, then look for
'cygwin' in the 'Base' category (it should already be selected). You
will need to use the 'Exp' radio button to get the test version.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list. See http://cygwin.com/lists.html for details.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html