RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-10

> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:54:18 +0100
> From: corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-10
>
> On Mar 3 21:33, Robin Walker wrote:
>> --On 03 March 2008 11:46 +0000 Robin Walker wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed the same with 1.5.25-9 last night. It's not just calls to
>>> localhost: it's ssh calls to anywhere that hang: in other words, it's a
>>> client-side problem, not server-side. I noticed that the -vv option of
>>> ssh threw an error report just before the hang, but I did not have the
>>> time to do any analysis, as I needed the ssh too urgently. Backing off
>>> to the released version of cygwin1.dll restored normal ssh operation. I
>>> will try the experimental version again when I am less time-strapped, and
>>> copy the -vv log of the failed calls.
>>
>> ... and I get the same with 1.5.25-10. cygcheck.out attached.
>>
>> Here are the last few lines of ssh -vv under 1.5.25-10:
>> [...]
>
> They are not helpful, unfortunately. I still can't reproduce it and I
> can't debug what I can't reproduce. For good measure I tested this
> additionally on NT4 and Vista. Works fine every time. This is yet
> another case where the problem should be debugged by a person who can
> reproduce this problem.
>

> Corinna

Hi All...

Here is a little more information.

1) I have attached the output of ssh -v -v -v localhost from a good run and a bad (1.5.25-10) run. These were actually taken on two similar Cygwin installations.

2) I can ssh from the good machine to the bad one with no problem. And... from there, I can ssh localhost just fine.

3) When I ssh localhost on the bad machine, it appears not to really be hung. If I type exit, it returns; it looks as if I am just not getting any output.

4) I run bash from a cmd window (XP SP2), with CYGWIN=tty on both machines.

Thanks,

...Karl