-11: Problem at 1st start when "cygwin.bat" is run by Nullsoft-Installer

Hello List,

We have made up an unattended installer package for cygwin using Nullsoft
Installer. This package works on all x32 and x64 versions of Windows 2000,
XP and Server 2003. Testing with Windows Server 2008 we discovered a
problem: At the end of the installation, cygwin.bat is executed by the
Nullsoft Installer. Normally bash should open and all shellscripts residing
in /etc/profile.d should be run automagically (the script /etc/profile
collects and runs them). In our case it doesn't - at least on 1st start -
instead the following error message is displayed:

"bash: cannot create temp file for here document: Bad address"

Then bash jumps to the standard prompt. If we now start cygwin a 2nd time
by executing cygwin.bat (directly or via the desktop icon), the scripts in
/etc/profile.d are run as they are proposed to. Also they are run normally,
if the Nullsoft Installer exits before starting cygwin.bat and we start the
batch manually (directly or via the desktop icon).

Upgrading the package "base-files-3.7-1.tar.bz2" to unpack a modified
/etc/profile resulted that the $TMP and $TEMP variables seem to be
correctly set to "/cygdrive/c/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp". Setting
an FullAccess-ACL for the Windows user "everyone" on this directory didn't
change the behaviour. Using "set -x" in the modified /etc/profile did not
produce any other errors.

- Is it possible that Cygwin's mapping of
"c:\Users\ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp" to
"/cygdrive/c/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp" doesn't yet exist at the
time the error occurs?
- Are there any known changes between the previous Windows versions and
Windows Server 2008 being able to cause a different behaviour when "a
program is started manually" vs. "a program is started by another program";
eg. different User / security / environmental context?
- Would it be possible for the Cygwin developers to implement the usage of
a /tmp independet from it's windows pendant to cure this?
- Are there any other steps I could try or does anyone of you perhaps have
a solution?

We are using Cygwin on over 1200 machines. It maybe well a workaround to
let the Nullsoft Installer exit without executing cygwin.bat and doing this
manually, but that is -surely comprehensible- no way for us.

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Chris