Re: Just upgraded last night pop3 now giving errors

Wes S wrote:

I upgraded last night and so far everything seems to be working except for pop3.

I telneted into it and this is what I get.

Administrator@barefoot ~
$ telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to barefoot.wess.mdns.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 barefoot.wess.mdns.org 2007.101 server ready [ISafe POP3 Proxy]
USER wess
-ERR Unknown AUTHORIZATION state command

It's working fine, what changed is that the new uw-imap by default is "build with SSL and disabling plaintext passwords" (it's a requirement by RFC 3501). Now you have to use SSL, a.k.a. pop3s (port 995).

The old behavior can be used, and the details and disclaimer are in the documentation (imaprc.txt, point 35).
--
René Berber