This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Performance issue on Vista x64
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:17:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Performance issue on Vista x64
- References: <4818CF49.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4818D3DC.email@example.com> <4818EB49.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Timo Kerstan wrote:
Actually cygwin runs on a fresh install of Vista x64 on a Core2Duo@2.4
GHz with 4GB RAM. I can't imagine any other
Application interfering with cygwin because there is nothing installed
except the latest patches. The host is standalone and
not a member of a Domain.
Windows Defender is a BLODA -- and it's shipped as part of Vista, and is
automatically enabled. I had luck turning that off, and installing
instead AVG 8.0. It's got spyware protection too, but isn't a BLODA.
The cygcheck is now already running for 1 hour without returning.... It
blowed the size of the output to 389 MB...
It looks like he is running into an endless loop when iterating the
Registry. I attached a cutted version of the output....
don't know what to make of this.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html