This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl IPC::Cmd
- From: "Sisyphus" <sisyphus1 at optusnet dot com dot au>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "Ronald Fischer" <fischerr dot external at infineon dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:43:20 +1000
- Subject: Re: Perl IPC::Cmd
- References: <loom.20080505T095331email@example.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Fischer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:00 PM
Subject: Perl IPC::Cmd
perl 5.8.7 for Solaris
perl 5.8.8 for Cygwin
perl 5.8.10 for Windows (native)
perl 5.8.10 ??
To my surprise, the Cygwin version of Perl does not include the standard
IPC::Cmd, though the other two (in particular, the earlier 5.8.7 Perl) do.
there a particular reason, why IPC::Cmd is left out from the Cygwin
I don't know. Mind you, they don't need a reason to not include a non-core
module - the fact that it's not a core module is, of itself, sufficient
With perl 5.10.0, IPC::Cmd became a core module, so *every* build of perl
5.10.0 ought to include that module.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html