This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to change dir
- From: "Mark J. Reed" <markjreed at mail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:43:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: how to change dir
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM, bench33 <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> In bash, how do you change to another directory?
> I see that the only directory I can go is home (c:\cygwin)
> I have other physical drives (d:\). How do I go there?
Cygwin apps (including bash) don't understand drive:paths. Use
You can let the cygpath utility do the conversion for you:
cd "$(cygpath 'd:\')"
Mark J. Reed <email@example.com>
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html