This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to backup Cygwin packages list?
- From: "Mirko Vukovic" <mirko dot vukovic at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 06:41:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: How to backup Cygwin packages list?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Richard Ivarson <RiIvarson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to backup the packages list of my current Cygwin installation, ie
> the config files which list which packages Cygwin got installed.
> So that I could take this configuration file(s) to another PC with fresh
> Cygwin installation and get the same Cygwin programs I use on the other PC.
> Or for re-installment, for example when the Cygwin folder has been lost.
> Which files would I have to backup to achieve that?
/etc/setup/installed.db contains the list of installed packages and
their version. Setting the version to zero will force setup to
download and install the package.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html